York County Main Library, 138 E. Black St., Rock Hill
Monday - Thursday
9:15 a.m. - 8:45 p.m.
Friday - Saturday
9:15 a.m. - 5:45 p.m.
Sunday (Sept. - May)
2:15 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
The Technology Center provides public access to 25 computers for Internet access, Microsoft Office software, reference, and online research databases. These include 19 60-minute computers and six 15-minute "express" computers.
The Technology Center was created in part by a generous local donation and a Gates Learning Foundation Grant. Smaller Technology Centers are located at the Fort Mill and York public libraries, with additional Internet-access computers available at Clover and Lake Wylie.
Using the Technology Center
- Persons over age 18 must have a library card in good standing (fines must be under $10 and/or not over 90 days old) to use a computer with Internet access. Those age 18 and under must have a library card to use a computer, and must have Internet permission to access the Internet. Children under 10 must also be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Permission to use the Internet can be given when you apply for a library card, or through an Internet permission form, available at all York County Library locations.
- To use a computer, sign in at the Technology Center desk, where you'll be given a PIN for the next available computer.
- There is a 60-minute limit on computer use when the Technology Center is open, with a total of 180-minutes (3 hours) of use allowed per day, per person. When the Technology Center is closed, only six 15-minute "express" computers will be available.
- See our Computer Use Policy for more details (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Computer Classes at the Technology Center
The York County Library Technology Center also provides a classroom environment for training, provided by library staff members, in the use of computers, the Internet, and some Microsoft Office products. For available classes and times, see the Computer Class Schedule.
- Classes are free and limited to 19 people, one per computer.
- Pre-registration is required. To register, call (803) 981-5845.
- A waiting list of 5 will be taken. Please call to cancel your registration if you cannot attend.
- Late arrivals will not be admitted into the classroom.
- Vacancies will be offered to patrons in the library.