York County Library Summer Reading Challenge
June 5 - July 28, 2017 • Registration starts May 15
- May 15: Registration begins.
- June 5: Begin logging your reading progress.
- July 28: Last day to complete reading requirements to win great prizes!
Register for our summer reading challenges at any York County Library branch, the Bookmobile, or online! Online Participants: Through Beanstack, a fun, interactive service for all ages, you'll get digital badges and incentives as you progress and even optional book recommendations by email! See the
FAQ for details.
Read more about each challenge below, and don't forget our fun summer events!
Tiny Tots Early Literacy Challenge: Ages 3 & Under
3-year-olds can now join either the Tiny Tots or Children's Challenges! Participate with your baby online or use an activity sheet to complete and record 20 activities from June 5–July 28. They'll receive:
- A Board Book, Certificate, and Bath Toy
- A chance to win a $50 Toys"R"Us or Books-A-Million gift card, plus a coupon for free admission to the Culture & Heritage Museums, an additional board book, and a growth chart. Receive one entry for every 20 activities completed!*
Children's Reading Challenge: Ages 3-11
From June 5–July 28, children can participate online or use a reading record (available at any library branch) to complete and record 10 hours of reading and receive:
- A Reading Medal, Certificate, Fantastic Fish Blocks, and Brick Party Bubbles
- A chance to win a $50 Toys"R"Us or Books-A-Million gift card, plus an animal building set, a Build a Better World sports bag, and additional sponsor incentives. Receive one entry for every 10 hours completed!*
Teen Reading Challenge:
From June 5–July 28, teens can participate online or use a reading record to complete and record 15 hours of reading to receive a $5 gift card to a local business and a chance to win more. Enter again to increase your odds!* Rules limit participation to ages 12-17, but library teen events are open to ages 11-17. Pick up a Teen Calendar for more information.
Adult Reading Challenge: Ages 18 & Up
Adults can join the fun online or use an entry form to complete and record 20 hours of reading (including books, e-books, audiobooks, newspapers, magazines, or reading to children) from June 5–July 28. You'll receive a tote bag and a chance to win a new tablet! Read up to 100 hours!*
Special Thanks to our Sponsors
*Prizes may be substituted as necessary and are available only while supplies last.