Interlibrary Loan Guidelines
- Available to York County Library patrons with a library card in good standing.
- Interlibrary loans can only be done on materials that are lost or not available at the York County Library.
- Books, periodical articles, master's theses, and other materials may be borrowed. Current year or popular titles are not available for loan. Genealogy materials and audio/visual items may be difficult to borrow.
- Lending fees may be required for some items. If so, patrons will be notified of this in advance.
- Overdue fines follow existing library policies. Lost book charges follow lending library policies. Some libraries charge a replacement fee plus the cost of the book.
- Loans may take from days to weeks, depending on the item.
- Items borrowed come from other libraries throughout the U.S.
Patrons will be notified when the item is received. The library may also notify the patron if the item can not be borrowed. Renewal of these items is determined by the agreement with the lending library.
The York County Library also lends to other libraries at its discretion. For further details, please contact the York County Library Reference Department, at (803) 981-5825, or any branch library.