Summer Reading Programs End August 1
Register and complete your reading requirements to win great prizes!
With a science theme for 2014, York County Libraries offer
four distinct summer reading programs:
- Tiny Tots: Newborns and toddlers under age 3 and their parents
- Fizz, Boom, Read: Children ages 3-11
- Spark a Reaction: Teens ages 12-17
- Literary Elements: Adults
Each reading program features special prizes and incentives for those who complete reading requirements, along with free events for children, teens, and families. All summer reading programs are sponsored by the Friends of the York County Library. Click here to view more details and to register or access your account online.
Brainfuse offers free, one-on-one tutoring for students and career assistance for adults. Have your York County Library card number ready, and connect to a trained tutor online!
- The Main Library in Rock Hill will be closing early at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 8.
- The York Public Library will be closed on Saturday, August 23, for Summerfest.
- All York County Library locations will be closed in observance of Labor Day from Saturday, August 30, through Monday, September 1.
- All York County Library locations will be closed on Tuesday, September 2, for staff training.
- The Main Library in Rock Hill is closed on Sundays during the summer through early September.
Mango Languages Now Available
The York County Library is proud to now offer Mango Languages. Mango is one of the world's premiere language learning platforms. With nearly 80 foreign language and ESL courses Mango provides in depth access to both modern and scholarly languages. Mango can be accessed on the desktop and through Android and Apple iOS devices. There is no limit to how much you can use Mango and its content is appropriate for children as well as adults!
This website is filtered in compliance with South Carolina and Federal legislation. While we do our best to monitor and control inappropriate access, no filtering is 100% effective. York County Library assumes no responsibility for content accessed via its website and links within.